Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Nina's Teas USA, Demain

Nina's Teas USA Description:
Raspberry and strawberry coupled in tenderness will make you melt in pleasure. A green tea to overindulge in!

This is the last of the latest round of samples provided by Nina's Teas USA.

My Review:
I opened the sample packet this evening and was greeted by the delightful scent of strawberries and raspberries. I could sniff this leaf all night... or I could just brew it up! The leaf is dark and shiny just like in the picture.

I used a 6oz Corelle cup and my Finum basket. The water was heated to steaming and I steeped for three minutes. The result was a liquor that is bright and clear and the color of honey. Did I mention the aroma? Smells so good.

The sip is lightly fruity. This is not an over the top flavored tea. The strawberry is the main flavor. I had a strawberry salad earlier this evening. So I can tell you this tastes natural. The raspberry is lighter and supports. It is easy to pick it out in the scent as you breathe will sipping. Also very natural.

The green tea is easily detected in the sip as well. That is something I always appreciate in a good cup. In lesser blends the flavoring overwhelms the green base. Not here. Lovely and vegetal. There is a slight bite at the end. I like it, but a shorter steep would probably eliminate the bite.

I added a small amount of sweetener to make the fruit flavors pop. The second steep was just as flavorful as the first. Maybe my favorite part of the sip is the lingering berry aftertaste. This is a wonderful cup. Thank you Nina's for sharing this with me.

Nina's Paris has been blending masterful fragrances for 300 years. They have brought this mastery to their USA tea line. You can currently find their offerings on Amazon. They plan to open an ecommerce webstore at ninasteastore.

No comments:

Post a Comment