Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015

Last year I reviewed a lot of really good teas here on The Everyday Tea Blog. I am excited to say there are already several samples lined up and ready to go for review in the coming year.

I thought for the first post of the new year I would share something a little different. I was contacted by Golden Tips Tea in India and asked if I would like to review some of their tea. I'm no fool. I said yes. This was late December just before Christmas. Nine (9!!) days later a box of samples arrived in my mailbox.

Here is a picture:



And a closer look:



The box was wrapped in cloth and the edges sewn. Then the corners were reinforced with what I assume is wax. I asked around of other tea drinkers and apparently this is not uncommon practice in this part of the world. It is, however, the first time I have seen it. I thought it was cool enough that I wanted to share the experience.

Under the material and inside the box were a number of samples:


I will start steeping on these and many others in the coming days. I hope you join me on my continuing quest to try, and review, every tea on the planet! This could take a while.

Happy New Year All and many great steeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment