Wednesday, September 26, 2012

sTEAp Shoppe, Antioxidant Berry Burst

sTEAp Shoppe Description:
Young Hyson Green Tea Antioxidant Berry Burst is the perfect way to drink you green tea. Lingonberry, Raspberry and Goji berry with metabolism busting Cinnamon. This is the perfect way to start drinking green tea or for the green tea lover to enhance their experience.

Young Hyson Green Tea, Goji Berry, Raspberry, Cinnamon, Organice Wild Lingonberry

My Review:
sTEAp Shoppe offered 20 of us on Steepster the opportunity to sample their tea and participate in a live virtual tea tasting held on the forum September 23, 2012.
I was confused by this one. I expected it to be my favorite of the samples. I had a preconceived idea of what this would taste like without knowing what was in it. So, I set myself up for failure. To me, while this was quite fruity, it went through my senses as a mishmash of flavors. I couldn’t figure out what I was tasting. Then I read the ingredients on the website and found out I was tasting raspberry and lingonberry. What is this lingonberry? I know no lingonberry. Next, I read the always valuable reviews on Steepster.

Now that I have a better idea of what is in this blend and how others perceived it, I thought I would have another go at it. Steeped per instructions. The brew has a slight purple tint. There is a very light tartness that I now know comes from the lingonberry. I taste a fair bit of cinnamon. The main flavor though, and the one I couldn’t separate out before, is raspberry. That should be obvious but it blends seamlessly with the gojiberry and other ingredients to where my unsophisticated palate couldn’t place what I was tasting. If this were decaf my wife would probably love this. It is not something I would buy but I would never turn down a cup if offered. I think it is tasty, it just doesn’t grab my interest. Thanks sTEAp Shoppe for the sample.

1 comment:

  1. I complete believe that berries has a strong antioxidant powers that is why i make it a habit to include it in my daily diet. Berries are great for salad, juice and desserts.

    ReplyDelete