Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Harney & Sons, SoHo Blend: Chocolate & Coconut

The leaf is very dark and smaller than the picture suggests. I don't know what the pretty purple flower petals are but they are only for decoration, and do not affect the flavor. The dry leaf aroma of this is milk chocolate. I steeped it for 4 minutes w/boiling water. The brew is muddy looking in the pot. In the cup, it looks like, well, tea – with a bright and clean appearance.

There is no escaping the chocolate scent before, during, or after sipping. The tea is present in the taste but is in the background a bit. The coconut comes into play in the aftertaste. I don’t think I used enough leaf (1 tsp) on this, my first attempt. I still managed two cups and I think it might go a third. Next time I will up the leaf. This is a nice dessert cup with a pleasant lingering aftertaste that leaves you craving more.

Update - Just got home for the evening. The leaf was still in my press so I thought I would see if this one would go a third steep. It is a bit thin but the coconut is really shining through on this steep. I think this is my favorite cup of this yet. Glad I pushed this further.

1 comment: