Monday, November 2, 2015

Good Earth, Tropical Rush

Good Earth Description:
Picture yourself in a lush expanse of rainforest, the sun peeking through the thick canopy. Okay, if that’s not how you’re spending your day, Tropical Rush™ Organic is just what you need. Made from organic, all natural ingredients blended with flavors reminiscent of a tropical island, this green tea can be your quick escape to the sweeter side.

Ingredients:
Organic green tea, organic lemongrass, organic natrural flavor, organic orange peel, organic natural lime flavor, organic natural mango flavor, organic natural pineapple flavor, organic licorice root, natural flavor, organic chamomile.

Sample provided by Good Earth

My Review:
My plan today was to review a couple different teas. Instead my wife took me out for BBQ, where I ate way too much and enjoyed every bite. Now the temperature outdoors is in the 60's and headed possibly to 70 before evening. Normal for this time of year is in the mid 50's, so yeah, I'm cutting my indoor tea time down some and enjoying this unusual day.

I grabbed Tropical Rush because it was the first in the samples, and besides it sounded light and refreshing after the glorious digestive abuse I inflicted upon myself.

I did not see any steeping instructions on the sealed envelope. I wanted to treat this the way I think the average tea bag drinker would handle it, but I just could not bring myself to use full on boiling water. Instead I heated it to 200 F and steeped for 4 minutes. I removed the bag.

The dry bag had a pinneapple mango scent. The steeped tea is more of a mango aroma. The color as it began to steep was green but as it continued it became more honey colored.

The taste is a little different than anything I have had previously. I am still trying to decide if that is good or bad. Strangely, this doesn't have stevia some of Good Earth teas contain and yet I still catch a bitter edge I associate with stevia, in the aftertaste. The main taste is a combination of mango and pineapple. I wish I caught the lemongrass, orange, and lime, but sadly I can't single them out.

I have to be honest and tell you I am not enjoying this one. I am taking in to account that I don't care for pineapple and only slightly like mango. For me, the bigger issue is this just doesn't seem very balanced. That surprises me as most of Good Earth teas have been wonderfully blended.

You can find Good Earth Tropical rush at your local Walmart or Kroger store, or buy direct online.

No comments:

Post a Comment