Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fusion Tea Room, Carrot Cake Rooibos

I don’t remember the last time I had rooibus and I have never had honeybush before, which is also listed as being in here. I looked at the dry leaf and wondered, am I supposed to drink this or eat it? There are whole walnuts, raisins, and pieces of carrot in the mix. The leaf (bark, whatever rooibus and honeybush are) looks kind of like redwood chips. The steeping pot smells awesome. This would make a great potpourri if it weren’t tasty. Steeped 9 minutes per instructions printed on label.

In the pot this is murky, reddish brown, and mysterious. The cup smells kind of rooibus but with the spices it takes on more of a cherry aroma. There is no bitterness, and nothing harsh. No one flavor really jumps out. All of this mixes together really well. The rooibus is tamed, so it is not the horse stall straw taste I normally associate it with. I can’t say anything in this makes me think carrot cake other than the name on the label. That being said, the aroma is wonderful. The taste is solid and well thought out. Normally when there is this many ingredients (11 listed) I find it over done, but that isn’t the case here. This is an excellently flavored rooibus. Hey, and the after cup aroma is amazing as well. The second cup was just as tasty as the first. Seriously good.

No comments:

Post a Comment