Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Two Leaves Tea Company, Organic Better Morning Blend

Two Leaves Description:
It's time to pry your eyelids open again - try doing it with an energizing combination of lemongrass and peppermint, while a citrus aroma perks up your nose. Stinging nettle and rose hips give this herbal tea a great taste. If you decide you're a morning person, it'll be our little secret.

Ingredients:
(all organic) Lemon balm, lemongrass, peppermint, lime, rose hips, stinging nettle, cassia, kombucha, cornflower, natural lemon flavor

Price: $7.95 for 15 sachets. Steep twice for $0.26 per cup.

Part of the Complete Sampler Pack provided by Two Leaves Tea Company

My Review:
In full disclosure, I did not have this in the morning. In my world there are three things you drink in the morning - milk, juice, and caffeine. This is none of those. I still have somewhat of a mental block when it comes to herbal tisanes. But just look at the picture. This stuff is very pretty. I opened the outerwrap and smelled mint. I'm nervous. Mint can be overdone so easy. Heated the water and steeped for about four minutes.

Took my first sip. Oh, wow! This is far better than I expected. The main flavor is peppermint, however it is not overpowering. Next, I notice the lemon. I would never think to put mint and lemon together but they really compliment each other well. I can't single out any of the other ingredients. They just lend solid support to the cup.

I had to look up kombucha, I am still not sure but I think it is a type of yeast. I also looked up cassia - it is a cinnamon. I didn't know nettle could be used in a tea. The cassia and nettle are probably responsible for the slight amount of scratch or bite on the throat. That sounds bad but it really isn't.

This is a really a very good cup. I would drink it often in the evening. Or you could drink it in the morning... if you're one of those people ;)

Visit Two Leaves at http://www.twoleavestea.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment