Friday, March 22, 2013

Kally Tea, Milord's Grey


Kally Tea description:
Since we have a special tea blended for the “Earl”... we can’t forget our “Lord’s” cup, now can we? Kidding aside, we’ve taken Earl Grey and moved it up to another level. Adding dried apple pieces, calendula petals, and delicate elder blossoms and a touch of caramel. Now what else can one say, “Brew me a cup Milord!

Ingredients: Black Tea, Apple Pieces, Mallow & Linden Blossoms, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavors.

My Review:
I love Earl Grey. I always get nervous when someone wants to mess with it. This is my first Kally Tea. I will try to keep an open mind when tasting this tampering with my beloved Earl Grey.

The leaf looks just like the picture. The dry leaf pieces are larger than is typical with flavored black teas. I used a healthy spoonful of leaf in my press and steeped for 3 minutes with boiling water. The brew is dark caramel colored and turns much darker in the mug. It smells of caramel.

The sip is definitely not Earl Grey. I don't really taste bergamot. Is it in here? I can't say. Honestly it is there, it is just very light. The apple and most of the other flavors are the same way. What I do taste is a kind of burnt caramel. The other flavors blend together to surround and support the caramel.

The black tea base is stout. It does not hide in the corner. This could get bitter very quickly.

I have had some fun at this teas expense. It is not a typical Earl Grey but it is a really nice caramel black tea with some fruity support. I enjoyed it and would gladly sip this if offered and would not hesitate to try any other Kally Tea.

Visit the Kally Tea website.

1 comment: