Saturday, March 2, 2013

Nina's Tea USA, Darjeeling

Nina's Tea Description:
A great classic tea, our Darjeeling is produced in a small estate at the foot of the Himalayas. Soft and flowery, it can be appreciated at any time of the day.


Sample provided by Nina's Tea for review.

My Review:
Nina's Paris has been around for over 300 years. Just recently they have begun to sell tea in America. You can find at least some of the offerings on Amazon. They also plan to open an ecommerce webstore at  ninasteastore. At the time of this writing the webstore is not open.


This is the second of three samples offered by Nina's Tea. The small clear zip lock bag contained just the right amount for a single cup of tea. The leaf is fine cut pieces. The scent is dry leaf tobacco. 

I used my French Press and below boiling water. The steep time was about two minutes. The resulting brew was a light coppery bronze in the press and darker in the mug. The wet leaf looks like small pieces of fresh green leaf and smells fruity. 

I have tried several bagged Darjeeling teas. I can only recall a couple loose leaf versions. This tastes different than all of them. This is a black tea but the sip leans toward green tea. There is no bitterness and no sharp bite. I expected both. There is only the smallest amount of dryness. 

The cup aroma is floral. The sip is thin bodied and fruity. To me it tastes kind of woodsy or vine-like, you know, planty, but not like nuts. The aftertaste is pleasant, cooling, and lasting. I normally have Darjeeling with breakfast on the weekends. I could see myself enjoying this one with my sausage, eggs, and a biscuit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment