Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pickwick, Forest Fruit


Pickwick Description:
Basis for this blend are teas from Indonesia and Africa with a light taste. Pickwick Forest Fruit has all the taste of real fruit. Real pieces of forest fruit are added resulting in a delicious, refreshing tea with forest fruit flavor. Enjoy your cup of Pickwick Forest Fruit at any time moment of the day.  

The package contains 20 individually Wrapped Tea Bags 2g each.
Net Weight: 1.50oz/40g

Ingredients: Black Tea, flavoring fruit pieces (blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry) (0.85%)

My Review:
This tea is imported from Holland. A quick cruise of amazon.com indicates it is out of stock. That may indicate this tea has been discontinued. This is a bagged tea wrapped in a paper envelope. It smells nicely fruity upon opening. I steeped this mug style for 3 minutes with boiling water.

The bag plumps but not much. The brew is nice and dark and the scent does not match my expectation based on the ingredient list. It aroma is kind of prickly like mango or some other tropical fruit with a bit of pomegranate.

The taste is definitely raspberry and strawberry. Weird how the scent is different. This isn't going to knock your socks off but it is a very pleasant little cup. I know the tea is in there but it does not stand out. The fruit flavor seems natural enough and though a bit sweet, this is not candy water. If you can find this and it is cheap then it is a nice enough cup.

3 comments:

  1. I have just tried the Forest Fruit tea from Pickwick. I tried 2 bags in my Hotel room at the Novotel Auckland Airport

    This was the most satisfying tea I think I have ever tasted.
    Can anyone direct me where I can purchase 200 or so bags next week

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them in stock today on Amazon. Might try a simple Google search and check around for prices.

      Delete
  2. I buy this tea from enjoy better coffee dot com. To me it tastes like European black currant black tea, and tastes great with lemon.

    ReplyDelete