Sunday, December 21, 2014

Twinings, Pure Peppermint

Twinings Description:
A refreshing herbal tea expertly blended using only 100% pure peppermint to deliver an invigorating tea with an uplifting aroma and fresh mint taste.

My Review:
I have no idea where this teabag came from. I am guessing my son put it in my pile. Today's short review is not so much about this herbal tea as it is my hoped for outcome.

This afternoon my wife wanted grilled cheese sandwiches. I am not a big fan. I ate them anyway. Now I am in severe agony. My poor gut is knotted up in pain.

I have heard peppermint is good for calming the stomach. We'll see.

This is a simple no nonsense tea bag filled with pure peppermint leaves and nothing else. The wrapper is some kind of waxed paper type thing. The string is long enough to not get pulled under when adding water. The steeping instructions must be on the box as I don't see any on the wrapper.

I used boiling water and just let it steep. I left the bag in the cup. Since this does not contain actual tea leaves, I don't have to worry about it turning bitter.

The brew is dark orange/brown. It looks like tea. It smells like peppermint. Hmmm. This isn't as strong as I expected. Possibly it is quite old. I added sweetener because I think it needs it.

This is obviously peppermint. The cup is warm and soothing. The mint is cool and refreshing, however, due to its apparent age it just tastes kind of meh. I don't think that is Twinings fault. Their teas tend to be some of the better ones available in the local grocery store.

I did get some momentary relief as I began drinking. Halfway through the cup the pain returned and nearly made me double over. As I reach the bottom of the cup it is beginning to subside again. Did it help? I don't know. It sure didn't hurt and I do like peppermint.

No comments:

Post a Comment