Sunday, October 14, 2012

Teaves, Rose Berry

Teaves Description:
An elegant blend of rose petals, strawberries and black tea. This tea emits a floral aroma that is complimented by a smooth and sweet taste.

My Review:
Sample provided by Teaves. This is rose petals, strawberry, and black tea. When I opened the pouch I was immediately hit with a blast of rose. Like every rose tea I have tried, the scent to my nose is not so much rose petal as it is the rose powder, spray, water, whatever, that I associate with the smell of our restroom when I was growing up. So whether it is natural or not I can’t say. It is just not a smell that is appealing to me. Sorry rose fans. I will try not to let my mental image affect my review, but I approach this tea with caution.

I used about 1 1/2 tsp for 12oz in my press, with heavily steaming water for a 3 minute steep. The brew is deep caramel/amber in the press. The strawberry aroma is poking through above the rose. Now this smells promising.

The sip is not bad. I smell rose as I drink but taste mainly strawberry followed by black tea in the aftertaste. The flavors are all medium bodied. Nothing is overdone. If you are looking for a cup of blasting flavor this is not it. This is a quieter cup for mellow times.

I don’t detect any bitterness or astringency. Rose tea hater that I am, even I have to say this is a pleasant cup. I wouldn’t turn it down if offered.

Visit teaves website www.drinkteaves.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment