Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lipton, Blueberry Pomegranate White Tea

Lipton Description:
Savor every sip of this delectable taste treat of luscious blueberry and succulent pomegranate. White tea is an ancient blend created from the tips of tea buds before the tea leaf blossoms, and perfect with these fresh fruit flavors.

Ingredients:
White tea, green tea, dried apples, rosehip peel, chicory root, cinnamon bark, licorice root, ginger root, orange peel, modified cornstarch, natural flavors, dried blackberry fruit pieces, dried black currant fruit pieces, pomegranate juice solids, dried blueberry fruit pieces, dried raspberry fruit pieces.

My Review:
My son popped in today with a box of this to share an afternoon cup of tea. He even got out the cups and steeped the pyramid bags. All I had to do was enjoy. Yep, pretty awesome!

Dry this smells very nice. Not overly strong but quite fruity. You can see the leaf through the bag. As you can read in the ingredient list, there is a lot of different things in the bag. Once steeped, it does not plump as much as I expected but I believe that is due to the large amount of fruit pieces.

The taste is mainly blueberry. I really don't taste the white (or green) tea, but I can't say I am really disappointed. This is very lovely fruit flavored. I wish I had looked up the ingredients before the cup was gone. Maybe I could have separated some other flavors out. Everything melds so wonderfully together. Sometimes a tea with a lot going on can taste muddy. That is not my impression here.

Noted for the record, we used well below boiling water. I left the sachet in the mug just to see what would happen. This never became bitter but did manage to develop a mild bite on the sides of the tongue. If you are getting a bitter cup, try using cooler water.

If you like a sweet fruity no fuss sip, this is well done.    

No comments:

Post a Comment