Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Two Leaves Tea Company, Better Rest Blend

Two Leaves Description:
If the sandman has passed you by, try this relaxing blend of chamomile, peppermint, hops and valerian. Lemon balm and rose hips make this herbal tea a soothing and healthy part of your bedtime ritual. Sip, sip, saw logs!

Price: $7.95 for 15 sachets. Steep twice for $0.26 per cup.

Part of the Complete Sampler Pack provided by Two Leaves Tea Company

My Review:
Lately I have been trying to sip something not only decaffeinated, but also relaxing at bedtime. Stress is robbing my body of much needed rest. I am only getting maybe 4 hours sleep on average per night. I got up this last Sunday after only 2 hours. What fun.

Ok, this tea – Most herbals I don’t really care for. Some I kind of like enough I will drink. This one I gulped. Seriously, It was gone way before I intended. It doesn’t look like chamomile in the sachet. It looks more like splinters of wood. It turned dark in my cup. The first night there wasn’t enough light in the room to tell what color this was. The taste is light peppermint and licorice with honey poured over the top. There is no licorice (or honey) in this so it must be the combination chamomile and valerian. In fact I couldn’t single out the chamomile either. I don’t know what valerian is, but I want some. It is on my herb garden list for next year. This relaxed me and shut down my mind. I slept for 6 hours. I would have slept longer if not for that pesky alarm.

I kept the sachet for using the next night. It steeped well for a second cup. This time I could tell this was a beautiful deep bronze color. On day 2, I could pick out the chamomile. The other flavors are still present as well. Once again it relaxed my brain and I got several uninterrupted hours of restful sleep. I need to see if I can find this one in a loca shop. It needs a permanent place in my collection. Thank you Two Leaves!

Visit Two Leaves at http://www.twoleavestea.com/

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good! And yes, Valerian will send you off to a close encounter with Morpheus ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Morpheus, the Greek god of dreams and not Morpheus of the Matrix (yeah I had to Google it). I was trying to decide if I should take the red pill. Not sure I really want to know there is no spoon. But I digress. Yeah, I liked this one.

      Delete
  2. I also received this sampler pack. I enjoyed this blend, but wasn't as fond as the morning one.

    ReplyDelete