Monday, February 11, 2013

Twinings, Ceylon Orange Pekoe

Twinings Description:
Ceylon Tea comes from the country that today is known as Sri Lanka. Twinings Ceylon tea is made using the finest quality high grown teas from the Dimbula region in western Sri Lanka. In the 1870s, Ceylon became a major tea producing area after the coffee crop failed. Its tea is still referred to as "Ceylon" despite the country changing its name to Sri Lanka in 1972 following independence. Ceylon is ideal to drink at any time of day and is great for ice tea too. Drink black, with a little milk and sweeten to taste.

Ingredients: Black Tea

My Review:
This is the first time I have had this one. It is the bagged version. I thought I had a good handle on what Ceylon tea tasted like. Ahmad uses Ceylon as the base of many of their black teas. Ahmad has bite. Empire Tea Services uses it as the base of many of their fine loose leaf teas. In those it tastes rich and full. Here it is pretty light and thin. The reviews of the Twinings version on the web often mentioned malty. I didn't get that at all. It does remind me of Charleston Plantation's black tea. The aftertaste is kind of fruity. It is a bit drying. I can't say it is bad. It is just not what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment