Friday, February 22, 2013

The Persimmon Tree, Peach Apple Crisp


The Persimmon Tree Description:
Our Peach Apple Crisp tea offers a flavorful and clean blend of black loose-leaf teas and crisp apple tea flavor while mixing fruity notes of white peach, gala apple, cinnamon, and provides a crisp floral finish.

Ingredients:
Biodynamic Black Loose-Leaf Tea, Organic Nilgiri Loose-Leaf Tea, Organic Assam Loose-Leaf Tea, Organic Orange Peel, Fair Trade Organic Rooibos, Roses, Organic Hibiscus, Safflower, Natural Flavors, Apple Crisp Tea Flavor, Peach Crisp

Price: $11.99/2oz


Sample provided by The Persimmon Tree for review.

My Review:
This very generous 1oz sample arrived in a tall, skinny round tin. It is a nice looking and I will be keeping these tins for future storage. The dry leaf looks just like the picture. Its scent is pleasant of fruit and flowers. It is not at all overpowering.

I used a scoop of leaf in my press with 12oz of near boiling water. I steeped for an estimated 3 minutes. I was busy and forgot to set the timer. The liquor is bronze. I can smell the black tea in the wet leaf. That always makes me happy.

Drawing the cup to my lips and breathing the aroma I catch rose and peach. I also detect the rooibos in the nose but I cannot detect it in the sip. The flavors of the ingredients is very mild. I may not have gotten the time/temp/leaf ratios correct. Even so, I like this.

I can catch brief instances of orange and cinnamon late in the sip. I catch the tea base most in the aftertaste. I am not noticing the hibiscus at all but then I am not overtly sensitive to it. At first I didn't think I was catching the granny smith apple. Then I realized it was flowing right between the rose and the peach.

Normally I associate peach and apple teas with a much bolder flavor. I will try this again with hotter water and a longer steep but honestly if it doesn't increase the fruit flavor I am OK with it, as this is a very nice cup as is. There is no bitterness. Nothing sour, or off. The base is slightly drying without any rough edges. Well done!


Visit the webpage for Peach Apple Crisp tea.


About The Persimmon Tree:
(From their website) The Persimmon Tree® offers our customers some of the world's finest organic teas and botanicals. Not only are most of our fresh high quality teas from around the globe hand-blended and organically grown, some of our teas are also fair trade, ensuring fair working conditions, fair wages, and a better life for tea workers from countries across Africa, Asia, and Latin America.

At The Persimmon Tree®, our mission is simple: to enrich people's lives through the pleasure of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment