Saturday, January 25, 2014

Bigelow, Mint Medley

Bigelow Description:
Just as a lovely waterfall brings a sense of refreshment to your eyes and ears, Mint Medley® will bring this same quality to your sense of taste. Enjoy Mint Medley® -- its lively flavor refreshes any time of day. 20 individually foil wrapped tea bags per box.

Ingredients:
peppermint leaves, spearmint leaves, rose hips, lemon peel, hibiscus

My Review:
This was given to me by a friend. I have no idea how old it is, but that won't stop me from trying it. Is it fair to be reviewing this tea? Maybe, maybe not. My thinking is this represents real world conditions. Bigelow is a brand common to many corner grocery and big box stores. It is not uncommon for a box to sit far too long on the shelf before it is bought. Compound it with how we all tend to treat a box of bagged tea when we get it home, Yeah, you know I'm right. How often have you pulled a box out of the back of the cabinet that you don't remember owning.

I steeped this in a small cup of microwaved water to see how it has survived. At first I thought it was too far gone but as it cooled the peppermint came through nicely. Really not getting the spearmint but I prefer it that way. The rosehips and hibiscus give the cup color and only the slightest touch of tart. It would be interesting to know how this tastes fresh. I probably would not buy a box but will definitely finish this one. Unless it I lose it in the back of the cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment