Friday, January 13, 2012

Teavivre, Two Dragons and a Pearl Flower Tea

This sample is one of 15 provided by Teavivre, a tea distributor located in China.

Tried a different brewing method today with this blooming tea by bringing the water to a boil, pouring into the pitcher, then added the pod. The old method of pouring water over the pod works better. This way the bloom remained floating on top the water for a very long time. It did eventually sink and fully open but I was beginning to wonder. The bloom is very pretty with a silver needle cradle holding a marigold while an arch of jasmine flowers rises above it to hold a globe amaranth. A few loose needles fell off but overall the display stayed intact. The brew is pale amber with a green tint.

Once again the flowers dominate. I believe the primary flavor here is the marigold. It is not an unpleasant taste but also not one I associate with tea. A bit milky? I think this would be good with honey. Not having any honey, I used sweetener. I like the taste of this better than the True Love flower tea but the display isn’t as spectacular.

Final note – while drinking the first cup, I left the remainder of the pot to steep to see what would happen. The result was a dark reddish brown tea. Amazingly it made little difference to the flavor. No bitterness. No astringency. Mostly marigold flavored brew. I like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment