Thursday, April 11, 2013

Impra, Jasmine

Impra Description:
In this paradise isle of the Indian ocean, misty mountains rise above the central hills of Sri Lanka. This is home to some of the world's most picturesque plantations that are renowned and celebrated as producing the world's finest teas. Founded in 1994 by a group of trained and dedicated tea tasters, Impra now brings to you a range of the finest Pure Ceylon teas. The lush tea plantations in Sri Lanka produce a tantalizing variety of flavors and aromas. These excite the taste buds of even the most discerning tea connoisseurs around the world. Pure Ceylon black tea with nature identical Jasmine flavor.

My Review:
This is my first experience with Impra tea. It also marks my first experience with a black based jasmine tea. I received this tea in a recent swap. It is a bagged tea that comes individually wrapped in a paper envelope. Each bag contains a full 2g of leaf. I have no idea what to expect.

Removing the bag reveals no discernible scent. I mug brewed this with boiling water for three minutes. The cup is nice and dark. It has a nice jasmine aroma. A little different, but not horrible, from the quality Chinese loose leaf jasmine teas I have come to love. My past experience with inexpensive bagged teas has not been pleasant when it comes to jasmine. They taste fake and kind of gross. So far this is a nice surprise. The bag plumped up nicely which also leaves me hopeful.

The sip is kind of odd. I can't yet decide if the flavoring is off or if it is the difference between a black tea base and the green or white I am used to sipping. It tastes a little perfume-y, of course it is jasmine. I think the problem for me is the flavoring is a touch too strong. If the Ceylon base were more prominent I would probably like this more. It is not gross. It is just not something I am enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment