Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nina's Teas USA, Magicienne

Nina's Teas USA Description:
The magical combination of pineapple and coconut. This tea, with a hint of tartness, will pleasantly surprise you. An exotic blend that will satisfy all seeking enchantment.

Sample provided by Nina's Teas USA

My Review:
This is the last of my surprise samples from Nina's. I thank you very much! The picture looks exactly like the sample. I didn't look it up before hand but this is obviously a green tea. The dry leaf is coconut scented and something else... what is it?

I steeped the sample in my press with steaming water. After 3 minutes I noticed the liquor is green tinted and a bit cloudy. The aroma I can now tell is pineapple and coconut. There is also a creamy touch to the scent. It is kind of lightly vanilla, though I don't know if there is any of it actually in here. The tea leaf expanded more than any other tea has from Nina's.

Now I must tell you, I love coconut. I must also admit I hate pineapple. Another interesting tidbit is the scent of the cup is the most intense of any of the samples so far. This is even more aromatic than their Earl grey. This will be interesting.

I should not have feared. All of Nina's teas have been sophisticated, well balanced cups. This continues the trend. The pineapple and coconut are definitely present but delightfully not overdone. This reminds me of summers at the fair eating cotton candy. Probably not the reaction Nina's was going for but that's what this does for me. I love cotton candy at the fair, so as far as I am concerned this is high praise. The green base is nice with no bitterness or astringency. The aftertaste is long lingering, sweet, and very pleasant.

This is really good!

Nina's Paris has been around for over 300 years. Just recently they have begun to sell tea in America. You can find at least some of the offerings on Amazon. They also plan to open an ecommerce webstore at ninasteastore.

No comments:

Post a Comment