Thursday, December 20, 2012

Two Leaves Tea Company, Organic Chamomile

Two Leaves Description:
Delicious little flowers - that's how we think of our Chamomile. Open up a packet and take a whiff. You'll smell a rich apple scent (in Greek, Kamai means apple) with soft honey notes. It's sweet, relaxing and the best chamomile you'll ever have.

Price: $7.95 for 15 sachets. Steep twice for $0.26 per cup.

Part of the Complete Sampler Pack provided by Two Leaves Tea Company

My Review:
Chamomile is a flower in the daisy family so to the purest it is not tea. It is an herbal or tisane. No matter what you call it chamomile has unique taste. I have sampled only a handful of chamomile ‘teas’. Until now, all of them have been blended with other flowers and herbs. The taste is sweet and a bit honey like. It is kind of flowery, duh, because it is a flower. To me it tastes a something like apple and maybe pear mixed. Ok, I wrote that before I read Two Leaves description, so they agree with what I get from tasting this one. Beyond what they say there is the slightly sour and bitter aftertaste. That adds character when it is not overwhelming. I found this particular one to be very enjoyable. I did add sweetener but it really stands up well on its own.

I have been drinking herbals in the evening to avoid caffeine. Chamomile seems to have a relaxing affect. I haven’t researched this to see if there is a scientific reason, or if it is simply because it is just tastes calming. It doesn’t matter as long as it works. This one does the trick for me.

Visit Two Leaves at http://www.twoleavestea.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment