Saturday, January 12, 2013

Two Leaves, Organic Pomi-berry

Two Leaves Description:
Pomi-Berry might be the Goldilocks of herbal berry tea. With a combination of calming chamomile, zippy forest berries and fruity strawberry, it doesn't hit you over the head with berry flavor, and it isn't too herbal. It's just right.

Ingredients:
Apple*, hibiscus*, lemon balm*, chamomile*, lemongrass*, lavender flower*, flavoring, lime tree flowers*, pomegranate peel*, hibiscus*, raspberry pieces*, strawberry* (*organic)

Price: $7.95 for 15 sachets. Steep twice for $0.26 per cup.

Part of the Complete Sampler Pack provided by Two Leaves Tea Company.

My Review:
To me pomegranate is a lot like goojiberry. If done well, it pretty much assures I am going to like it. This is the first herbal tea I have tried with pomegaranate. Since I have enjoyed almost everything I have tried from Two Leaves, I am expecting to have a good cup from this one.
It smells nice in the sachet, mostly of berries. I used boiling water and a 12oz mug to prepare this using a steep time of four minutes -  give or take. The brew is kind of a cross between root beer and tropical fruit punch in color. I added sweetener.
I can taste a combination of pomegranate, raspberry, and strawberry. The strawberry is unexpected and a nice touch. I can also catch the lemon balm/lemongrass. The lemon fits really well with the berries. I don't notice the hibiscus or chamomile flavors. I also do not catch the lavender which is not a favorite of mine, so I am good with it not dominating. Reviewers who do not use sweeteners did report this tasting of lavender and hibiscus. Maybe the sweetener hides these flavors. It could also be they dislike these flavors and are super sensitive to them.
I really liked this one. It is a nice fruity evening cup of relaxing chamomile tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment