Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Good Earth, Sweet & Spicy Herbal & Black

Good Earth Description:
Our signature blend and the inspiration behind Tea Untamed, Sweet & Spicy® takes notes of cinnamon and tangles them up with sweet burst of orange. The result is a surprisingly satisfying combination you can savor hot or cold.

Ingredients:
Black tea, natural flavor, rosehip, lemongrass, cinnamon, chamomile, peppermint, jasmine green tea, anise seed, ginger root, orange peel, orange oil.

Sample provided by Good Earth

My Review:
Here, on The Everyday Tea Blog, I get to try teas from all over the world. In the early days I reviewed the options I could scour from local grocers and world food markets. Most of what I review today are of the loose leaf variety. Many of them are quite amazing, deep, and complex. I truly love them, however I will always have a warm spot in my heart for my roots. Thank you Ruth Bigelow for your Constant Comment that  started me on this journey. I also have a warm spot for the often maligned tea bag. Its simplicity, convenience, and availability, make tea accessible to a new generation. Frankly, I still enjoy a tea bag in a mug, usually in the late evening.

I am finding these Good Earth teas to be well thought out. I've often avoided teas with more than three ingredients because they generally taste muddy or medicinal (I'm looking at you Yogi). That has not been the case with Good Earth.

I will admit, I can't pick out most of the ingredients and I'm OK with that because what I do taste is clean.

The main flavor here is cinnamon. I will advise you not to leave the bag in your mug after steeping, unless you want a cinnamon punch similar to Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice. While I love the red hot blast, most find it a bit too much. Removing the bag after 3-4 minutes will hold the cinnamon back to a responsible level.

The second flavor is orange. It is a lighter touch. The fruitiness adds a brightness and sweetness that raises this to a new level compared to ordinary cinnamon teas. This is surprisingly sweet. Other than the orange, I see nothing in the ingredients to account for this. Do not add sugar until you have tasted, as I don't think it is needed.

I normally link to the product page where you can order. This one you should be able to find locally. Try your Walmart or Kroger store.

No comments:

Post a Comment