Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Red Leaf Tea, Strawberry Matcha

Red Leaf Tea Description:
Are you having your 5 A DAY ? What better way to have your first fruit portion of the day is there than to try our Strawberry Matcha Tea. Our Matcha Tea is blended with the best hand picked European Strawberries. It’s time to get those buiscuits out to fuse with our 100% Pure Matcha Tea with a blend of the freshest Aroma of  strawberries.  

Strawberries although commonly found in Europe originate from North and South America. Due to the inherent nature of strawberries they tend to lose their vitamins quickly. Studies have shown that the optimum shef life is for 2 days before they start to lose their vitamin C values. However all our flavors and health benefits are retained as our raw and organic fruits are freeze dried and ground into powder to offer the best quality.

Ingredients:
Pure Matcha powder from green leaves, Strawberry Natural Flavor

My Review:
Confession time. I was planning on reviewing a white tea today, but I have to leave shortly and knew I would not have the proper time to devote to a multiple steeped tea. So, second choice was Red Leaf Tea Strawberry Matcha.

I have my matcha system down pretty well. I just sort of eye ball measure and go. The addition of a battery operated milk frother takes all the hard work out of whisking.

The powder on this one is a little darker and brown tinted than I have become accustomed to lately (I've been spoiled). Then I decided this is due to the addition of ground freeze dried strawberries in the matcha powder.

I used 1 tsp in a 10 oz mug of cold milk. Well, actually I started with about 4 oz of milk and frothed the mixture to a thick fine foam, then I added the rest of the milk, and stirred.

The color mixed with milk is a pale mint green. Of course it smells of strawberry.

I really was not sure what to expect of the taste. Would the milk overpower the strawberry? Would it taste like Strawberry Nesquik? By the way, I remember it simply being called Quik. When did the name change, and what does it have to do with this matcha latte? I don't know. I've become so confused. What should I do?

I know, take a sip. Ahhh. Now things are much clearer.

You want to know what this tastes like? A mug full of fresh strawberries with milk poured over them. I half expected to find a green top floating in my glass. Not really.

As you can probably surmise, I found this latte to be very fun. While fun, it is also very delicious. I love a good strawberry black tea, but today I have learned I love strawberry matcha even more. This is my favorite flavored matcha so far. Highly recommend if you like strawberries.

You can find Red Leaf Tea Strawberry Matcha here.

No comments:

Post a Comment