Monday, June 24, 2013

Starbucks, Tazo Shaken Iced Green Tea Lemonade

Starbucks Description:
Remember that lemonade stand the kids down the block used to run? No? Well, had they offered this exotic blend of full-bodied green tea, luxurious lemon and mellow mint, we’re pretty sure you’d remember. In fact, you’d probably still be there. But no worries. We have plenty in here.

My Review:
I think my wife is addicted to Starbucks. I often joke that I think they put crack in their drinks. When my wife says, "I need coffee" what she really means is, "I NEED Starbucks!" When she drags me in with her, I normally order a green tea frappuccino. This day I thought I would try something new.

This was cold. It was wet. It was 90 degrees outside. So, it wasn't bad. It just didn't really grab me. The lemonade is the main flavor. I could not single out the green tea. The lemonade tastes kind of like lemongrass to me. Actually, it reminds me more of pink lemonade. There is a kind of fruity berry or spicy taste late in the sip.

As I said, it isn't bad. I just prefer the green tea frap.

2 comments:

  1. Green tea fraps are my go to as well. Good taste spotting on the lemongrass! The Tazo green tea they use has lemongrass in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I order the green tea frap skinny without whipped cream. Way too many calories in it if you have it regularly!

      I tried an iced earl grey but what I got was a watered down glass because the tea was too hot when iced. It could have been good.

      Delete