Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ahmad Peach & Passion Fruit

The bag smells mostly of black tea with some peachiness. Once boiling water is poured over it, your senses become overwhelmed with peach. I was concerned it would be too much on the taste buds. It isn’t, which I actually found weirdly disappointing. I have never tasted passion fruit so I am still not sure of its flavor. I suspect it is that odd taste at the back of the sip that I am not liking, and it lingers. I have tried a peach apricot tea where the peach flavor came forth and then the apricot lifted it higher. To me, the passion fruit in this blend does just the opposite. The peach soars and then takes a nose dive. Ahmad understands the subtle nuances of blending but this blend is not one I really enjoyed. Others on Amazon have rated it highly. The typical Ahmad quality is there, I just don’t enjoy the taste. Only seen in bagged form. You may not find this brand at your grocer. You can probably find it at an international food market. It is also available online. Amazon is where I buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment