Friday, November 11, 2011

Ethnic Gourmet Honey Lotus Oolong

This tea is no longer being sold. What a shame. I review it here because of its importance in my tea journey.

This is the only tea I have ever seen by Ethnic Gourmet, a division of Hain Celestial Group, Inc., which sells Celestial Seasons tea. It is also my first oolong tea, so I had nothing to compare it with when writing this review. After trying it I knew I would be trying others. The three flavors (honey, lotus blossom, and oolong tea) blend wonderfully together. The combination suggests, but not quite, a light peachiness. It is very pleasing. With Jasmine tea the flowery taste is too much, not so with the lotus. The only downside to this tea is I am still not sure what oolong tastes like, as I can’t single it out of the blend. I would buy this tea again - sweet and pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment