Monday, November 14, 2011

Lipton Green Tea

Since these reviews are often about grocery store bagged tea, I am not sure how I almost missed this obvious choice. This is green tea in a 2g bag. The box contains 20 bags in standard Lipton paper envelopes. The tag is taped to the bag making it too easy to tear the bag. The brew is a light yellow-green. I left the bag in the cup a little too long the first time and it became very astringent. I immediately brewed a second cup and removed the bag at the proper time. The second brew remained very pleasant to the bottom of the cup. I found myself really enjoying the light flavor of this tea. It is very smooth without a lot of bite. It has a mild grassy taste. You must be careful not to use boiling water as it also makes a very bitter cup. I preferred this over Tazo Green Tips (which I also liked). This is no where near the quality of a good loose leaf green, but you don’t have to search very hard to find this, it is inexpensive, and can be an acceptable intro level green tea choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment